SLOW COOKER CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE | Best Slow Cooker Recipes: Ingredients
1 3 lb corned beef brisket
5 medium size potatoes, scrubbed and sliced in
1 inch chunks DO NOT PEEL.
1 large onion cut into wedges
4 cups apple juice
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Place meat, potatoes, onion and cabbage in a large slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle with the seasoning packet that came packaged with
the corned beef.
3. Combine apple juice, brown sugar and mustard in a medium bowl.
4. Pour over the vegetables and meat.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 6 1/2 hours or LOW 10 to 12 hours.
The meat and vegetables should be very tender.
6. Remove the meat and vegetables from the slow cooker.
7. Thinly slice meat across the grain and serve with the vegetables.
Serving size= 1 slice of corned beef with a serving of cabbage and potatoes.
Yield: 8 Servings
Suggestion: This recipe goes well with a good medium bodied wine such as Merlot.