Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Recipe & Meal Idea

All of this is on Sale at Publix until Weds......great easy dinner



March 21, 2011 
 A Recipe & Meal IdeaI just finished cleaning up dinner and it was so good that I thought I would share the recipe and suggest a little meal deal for you guys.
I had planned to do a cream cheese roasted chicken but when I looked into the fridge there was no cream cheese to be found!! But…I did have some Philadelphia Cooking Creme!  I hosted a Philadelphia Cooking Creme House Party and everything I made was a HUGE hit. So I figured why not play around a bit.
Here is what I ending up doing…it was a huge hit!
Ingredients:
Whole Chicken
Philadelphia Cooking Creme (about 6 ounces)
Salt & Pepper
Olive oil or your favorite vinaigrette dressing
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Gently lift the skin from the chicken carcass with your finger. You want the skin to stay intact on the bird! Don’t remove the skin just separate it from the bird trying not to rip it. I use a sweeping motion at the top of the breast then at the bottom. Repeat around the thigh. You can use a spoon if you would prefer but I find it easier to use my finger -easier to prevent rips.
Put the Cooking Creme in a pastry bag. I used Italian Cheese and Herb tonight. If you don’t have a pastry bag just use a ziploc and cut one corner. Pipe the cooking creme in between the skin and the chicken. Just push the skin to spread it evenly over the breast and around the thighs and legs.
Brush the chicken with a light layer of olive oil or vinaigrette. Then salt and pepper to taste.
Bake the chicken for about an hour or until done!
The chicken was so moist and had wonderful flavor. The best part is that this is a quick and inexpensive meal! The prep only takes about 5 minutes. I threw on some butter beans to simmer when I put the chicken in the oven and once I took the chicken out to cool, I quickly wilted some baby bok choy with ginger and garlic. My total time of active cooking was only about 10 minutes!!
Meal Idea
Whole Chicken, approx $5.50 (currently $1.39/lb–you might wait as it will be $1.19 in upcoming ad)
Philadelphia Cooking Creme, $2
Vigo Rice, 65¢
Green Beans or Squash, $1.29/lb
Use the following coupons
-$0.50/1 Vigo rice .50  3/13/2011 RP Insert (exp 12/31/11)
-$1.50/1 Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme blinkie
-$1.50 off Chicken wyb Philadelphia Cooking Creme peelie (exp 6/30/2011)

If your store doubles, you pay $5.44 for the whole meal!  That is like paying $1.36 per person…I think we will have this one again very soon!!

Thanks I Heart Publix!!

No comments:

Post a Comment